Social Media Audit
Independent and objective social media audits and digital marketing strategy advice from the experienced team at East Coast Catalyst.
Optimize your digital marketing ecosystem. Make smart marketing technology purchasing decisions. Manage vendors successfully. Hire the right kind of talent. Beat the competition.
Identify opportunities for cost-savings, performance improvement, and competitive superiority with a comprehensive social media audit from the consultants at East Coast Catalyst.
As digital budgets have skyrocketed in recent years, digital marketing operations have become unwieldy, inefficient, and vulnerable to competition. The Social Media Audit by East Coast Catalyst — as a stand alone project or part of our more comprehensive Digital Marketing Audit solution — was designed to fix this problem, and provide management teams with recommendations that:
- Save Money: reduce waste and leakage due to misaligned tactics, mis-matched vendors, and resource gaps
- Optimize ROI: adjustments in staff composition, vendor selection, and media budget mix can yield more output at lower cost
- Beat the Competition: detailed planning roadmaps provide clear strategies for market differentiation and superiority
Digital marketing operations are complex ecosystems that are managed by a combination of full-time staff and vendors. Consider all of the pieces:
- Advertising & Promotion: digital media (search, display / banners, classified, mobile, digital video, lead generation, sponsorships), organic search marketing, content marketing, social media, email marketing
- Websites: copy, images, video / animation, landing pages, microsites, customized experiences, search, live chat, blogs
- Technology: marketing automation, content management, analytics, and data management
- Vendors: even mid-sized digital marketing operations often have 10+ vendors involved in maintenance and optimization
Who needs a Social Media Audit?
Any senior executive who has a vested interest in an organization’s digital marketing performance is a candidate. Our clients cluster around the following executive types:
- Boards of Directors entrusted by shareholders to guide companies through digital transformation
- CEOs who are increasingly dependent on digital strategies for corporate performance
- CFOs benchmarking their company’s performance and ROI against the competition
- Business Unit Executives conducting strategic planning
- CMOs who are setting budgets and requesting increases
- Entrepreneurs who need to identify cost-effective digital marketing options
- Investors who are evaluating new ventures in marketing technology and digital advertising
What are the tangible benefits?
A social media audit uncovers opportunities for cost savings AND performance optimization
- Objective and independent analysis from an experienced firm with no conflicts in the marketplace
- A comprehensive framework for organizing resources, measuring performance, and understanding the digital ecosystem
- Competitor and best-practice benchmarking to guide resource allocation and set expectations across the organization
- A social media marketing strategy roadmap for corporate planning, execution, and organizational alignment
Why East Coast Catalyst?
East Coast Catalyst (ECC) is an independent, privately-held digital strategy management consulting firm. Our founders are senior practitioners with decades of hands-on experience in digital strategy, online marketing, and web technology — working for globally recognized brands, respected middle market companies, and start-ups. ECC is also the founder and operator of Chief Digital Officer (www.chiefdigitalofficer.net), a new and growing community focused on the the intersection of digital business, digital marketing, and digital technology. ECC’s findings and recommendations — the output of social media and digital marketing audits — are based on structured analysis, years of experience, and the unique requirements of our clients; we believe this objective and non-partisan approach is unique in the marketplace, and we therefore have no financial interest in digital vendors or technologies that could be perceived to affect our strategic guidance. For more information, please visit www.eastcoastcatalyst.com.
Digital Marketing Audit Strategies for Chief Marketing Officers
Auditing Digital Marketing (Part III): Vendor Management
Auditing Digital Marketing (Part II): Promotion
Auditing Digital Marketing (Part I): Infrastructure & Applications