Express Digital Tune-Up & Optimization Consulting Solution
The Problem: You’re spending a bundle on digital marketing programs and tactics, but you still feel like the company’s digital strategy should be performing better.
The Solution: ECC’s Express Digital Tune-Up: Give us two weeks to do the analysis, and two hours to present findings and fixes - and we’ll get you on track.
When someone asks, “What is your company’s digital strategy?”, top executives at SMBs can often be heard answering with something like “We’re seeing great results from our social marketing lately.” But it’s not for a lack of interest in digital strategy or an evasive ploy. The reality is that companies’ spending on digital activities and programs in recent years — websites, online advertising, social media, content marketing, applications — has increased fast and furiously, but typically without a centralized playbook to direct the strategy. And digital complexity has steadily increased along the way: more moving parts, more integration, more confusion, and less certainty about expected or even actual outcomes.
Digital operations are far-reaching, dynamic, and complicated. ECC’s view of the typical digital infrastructure is illustrated here:
So it’s common for companies’ digital ecosystems nowadays to be sprawling, lacking clearly defined executive ownership, and strategic direction — not to mentioned broken links, duplicate content, clunky applications, and poor search engine visibility. It’s enough to leave a top executive tongue-tied when posed with the “What is your company’s digital strategy?” question.
East Coast Catalyst’s Express Digital Tune-Up & Optimization Consulting solution is designed with these kinds of organizational problems and executive angst in mind — for those plagued with the nagging idea that “something feels amiss, but figuring out exactly what is the problem is…problematic”. It’s a low-risk, high-output engagement to take the first step on a path to making digital strategy a reality.
Why a “Tune-Up”?
Just as is the case with your car, a digital ecosystem consists of dozens of moving parts that must work in an integrated way to be successful. ECC’s tune-up approach is a managable form for a client to easily engage with us and initiate a variety of quick-fixes; while a comprehensive digital overhaul may be necessary at some point, a tune-up will ensure leaks are plugged, and opportunities are seized.
The East Coast Catalyst Digital Ecosystem Model
And, also as with a car, regular maintenance and upkeep typically results in better performance over the long-term.
ECC’s Express Digital Tune-Up & Optimization Consulting solution was designed with the fast-moving SMB or big company business unit in mind. It’s easy to initiate, and can be completed start-to-finish in 10 business days. Typical outcomes of a tune-up include:
- Detailed understanding of the organization’s unique digital ecosystem and how it performs
- Improved digital asset performance (e.g., more website traffic)
- Efficiencies resulting from examination of vendor / technology selection and contracts (e.g., cost-savings)
- Opportunities for competitive advantage through targeted digital tactic deployment (e.g., integrated sales & marketing support)
- Realize a 10%-40% increase in digital platform performance in 4-6 weeks
- Identify and quanify a company’s digital needs for the subsequent 3-12 month period
- Understand competitor strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Train client staff on best practices relating to site management and optimization
This ECC offering is a painless, streamlined way to capitalize on readily-accessible, short-term opportunities, educate staff on digital techinques, and develop an understanding of what the organization needs to start thinking about for a corporate digital strategy.
We investigate an organization’s digital ecosystem in its entirety, using a 25+ point asset review to guide the process. This includes:
- Infrastructure: Hosting vendor & contract evaluation
- Infrastructure: Hosting performance & scability
- Infrastructure: Business process management methods
- Website: Application (CMS)
- Website: Application (ECommerce)
- Website: Application (CRM / Marketing Automation)
- Website: Intranet / Extranet
- Website: Custom application(s)
- Website: User experience
- Website: Community
- Website: Multimedia assets
- Creative: Communication strategy & offline integration
- Creative: Digital asset review
- Promotion: Organic search engine optimization (SEO)
- Promotion: Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Promotion: Display advertising
- Promotion: Email marketing
- Promotion: Content marketing
- Promotion: Mobile marketing
- Promotion: Social media
- Promotion: Online public relations (PR)
- Analytics: Google analytics
- Analytics: Conversion tracking
- Competitor Review: Site assets & performance
- Competitor Review: Digital advertising activities & budget
- Talent/Skills Review: Assess capabilities & composition of client team
Few SMBs or business units are able to engage with multidisclinary digital agencies that are able to address all of the different aspects of a successful digital operation — across the company website, promotional activities, and analytics — so digital tactics are often stitched together and then lack easily measurable performance monitoring processes. ECC addresses all of the key aspects of a digital operation through its 25-point diagnostic process, and is able to evaluate their performance through an integrated lens, to ensure that the company is getting what it needs from its digital marketing operation.
What we deliver: a compehensive digital platform analysis through an in-person, 2-hour presentation at the client site; an accompanying report detailing findings and recommendations; system edits we initiate during the project (site reconfiguration, link-building, etc.); and knowledge transfer to the client staff.
What we need from the client: completion of a one-page questionairre; read-only access to site monitoring and management tools; and participation in findings presentation (including meeting room provisioning).
Click here to contact ECC with any questions, or to initiate an Express Digital Tune-Up project.
ABOUT EAST COAST CATALYST
ECC is a boutique digital strategy consulting firm located in Boston. We rely on our range of digital experience over the past decade, proprietary tools and methodologies, and a unique perspective as an independent company to offer insightful recommendations, quick-hit fixes, and longer-term strategies for successful digital marketing performance.
For more information related to East Coast Catalyst’s digital strategy philosophies, methodologies, and points of view, please see the following:
ECC’s Digital Strategy & Marketing Audit. ECC’s full-scale strategic consulting engagement for organizations looking to define a comprehensive digital strategy based on detailed investigation, competitor analysis, third-party research evaluation, and qualitative recommendations.
Digital Strategy & Planning: Defining the Interactive Vision (pdf). ECC’s cornerstone white paper, detailing a top-down approach for how organizations should approach digital strategy formulation.
5 ‘Digital Strategy’ Questions Every CEO Should Be Asking. The top executive’s office perspective, culled into the five most relevant topics.
11 Reasons Why It’s Time for a Digital Strategy Audit (as published in CEO Magazine). A variety of reasons detailing the need for a formal digital strategy assessment and website auditing exercise.